Perhaps it isn't the first thing that pops in your mind when you think of perfect pairings for a sweet, creamy peanut butter, but spicy peanut dishes are some of the most popular in the world. Think about peanuts crushed over a plate of pad thai or dipping chicken satay into a tangy peanut sauce. Without getting overly complicated, you can replicate these South East Asian flavors on a piece of toast in your kitchen at home, just get yourself a jar of HomePlate Peanut Butter and a bit of your favorite hot sauce and there you go!
This toast is a great blend heavenly flavors. Want a bit more crunch to it? Slice up some cucumber and throw it on there as well. Want a bit more tang, like the spicy, vinegary cucumbers and onions that come on the side when you pop open a take out order of chicken satay? Let those cucumber slices soak in a bit of vinegar and sugar for an hour (eat the rest as a snack some other time).
- HomePlate Peanut Butter
- Your favorite hot sauce
- A couple pieces of bread (sourdough is best)
- Toast a slice of bread.
- Spread your favorite variation of HomePlate Peanut Butter on the toasted bread.
- Squeeze a bit of hot sauce on top. How spicy do you like it?
- Add a few leaves of fresh cilantro and sprinkle crushed peanuts on top.
- Take a bite.
- Realize it's sort of ridiculous that you have never tried this before.
- Take another bite.