It's hard for us to admit that improvements can be made to a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, but apparently improvements can be made to a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. This exceedingly simple twist on the classic adds a textural element that you didn't even realize was missing from the original incarnation. Adding some dried fruit, be it apricots or peaches, or even apples, adds a dense chew to each bite that makes it so incredibly satisfying. Power up before a big game with one of these or power down with one at the end of a school day.
- HomePlate Creamy Peanut Butter
- Your favorite jam
- Dried apricots
- Two pieces of your favorite bread (we went with sourdough today)
- Remove two slices of fresh bread from the bag.
- Spread creamy peanut butter on both slices. Yes. Both.
- Drizzly jam on on side. We went with blueberry for this one.
- Carefully place dried apricots on top of the jam at your discretion.
- Put the other slice of peanut buttered bread on top, creating a sandwich.
- Take photo for instagram. Hashtag #homeplatepb
- Eat slowly, enjoying the chew.
Be sure to use HomePlate Peanut Butter for your sandwich as it is gluten free, protein rich, low in sugar, and contains no hydrogenated oil or high fructose corn syrup!