Summer is here - so its time for ice cream sandwiches! HomePlate Peanut Butter cookies and ice cream - the ultimate combo.
This recipe is perfect for those hot summer days. Customize it by subbing in your favorite ice cream and dip in your preferred candy to make it your own!
- Peanut butter cookies:
- 1 large egg
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- Additional items needed:
- Ice cream
- Mini chocolate chips
- Make your cookies
- Preheat over to 350F.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter, white sugar, brown sugar and egg. Add peanut butter and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in dry ingredients until dough has formed.
- Roll cookies into small balls and place on cookie sheet, press down with a fork to flatten balls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies cool (you can place in the fridge to speed this up).
- Make ice cream sandwiches
- For each ice cream sandwich, place 1 scoop of ice cream (about 1/4 cup) between 2 peanut butter cookies.
- Gently press cookies together. Be sure not too press too hard or the ice cream will start to melt and ooze out the sides.
- Roll ice cream edges in sprinkles or mini chocolate chips.
- Eat immediately, OR to save for later, wrap sandwiches individually in plastic wrap.
- Place in resealable freezer bag, and freeze until needed.