Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies, but what's the one thing that can make them better? HomePlate Peanut Butter of course! We chose Creamy for this recipe, but feel free to substitute Honey for added sweetness or Crunchy for more texture. This recipe is a delicious twist on a tried-and-true classic!
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup of HomePlate Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1¼ cups oatmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Using a blender or food processor, grind the oatmeal into a fine powder and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the egg, vanilla, HomePlate Peanut Butter and mix on high until fully combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Swap out your whisk attachment for the paddle attachment and add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture in 1 cup increments, mixing on low until fully combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form 1 ½ inch dough balls and evenly place about 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- NOTE: If you want your cookies to spread out a bit more, flatten them a bit before baking.