Who remembers smacking on a caramel apple as a kid during the fall? We sure do, and we added a touch of HomePlate peanut butter to make this childhood treat even more nostalgic! We topped ours with a chocolate drizzle and sprinkles, but feel free to mix it up with your favorite Halloween candy, chocolate chips, crushed peanuts- anything goes!
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 6 skewer sticks
- One 14 oz. bag of caramels
- ¼ cup HomePlate Honey Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbs water
- Toppings of your choice!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash the apples and cut off the stems, then insert the skewers and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the caramels, HomePlate Honey peanut butter and water on medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the caramel is all melted together, turn off the heat and wait about 5 minutes. This will allows the caramel to cool and thicken up a bit, so it doesn't just drip right off the apple.
- Dip your apples in the caramel, using a spoon if needed to make sure they are well coated. Place each caramel-coated apple on the baking sheet.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes to let the caramel set just a bit before adding the toppings of your choice!