This recipe puts a delicious spin on the classic marshmallow treat- perfect for an afternoon snack, bake sale or valentines day treats! The recipe is simple, so it's a great one for the kiddos to help make in the kitchen. Deck them out in sprinkles and enjoy!
- 4 Tbsp salted butter
- 4½ cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup HomePlate Creamy Peanut Butter
- 5½ cups crispy rice cereal
Grease a 9x13 dish
In a 4 quart sauce pan, melt butter on low heat.
Once the butter has melted, keep heat on low and add mini marshmallows
- When the marshmallows begin to melt, add peanut butter and stir constantly until everything is melted and evenly combined (about 5 minutes)
Turn off heat and remove pan from stove
Add cereal to sauce pan and stir until everything is evenly coated
Pour mixture into greased dish (Pro tip: grease your hands to pat down the mixture in the dish and avoid a sticky mess)
- Add your favorite sprinkles or toppings and wait about 30 minutes for the treats to set
Slice into squares or use cookie cutters to customize shape and size