You can't go wrong with bananas and peanut butter, so why not bake it into a loaf of bread!? This delicious bread is perfect to bake ahead for an on-the-go breakfast or a quick snack. A great thing about this recipe is that it can easily be customized to your liking. For a more indulgent treat, add a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or for added protein, throw in a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ vegetable oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup HomePlate Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper (hanging over the edge).
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl and mix in both sugars, oil, sour cream, HomePlate Crunchy Peanut Butter, eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients then add to the wet, stirring with a spatula until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (moist crumbs okay, just no wet batter). Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes. Then remove from the pan and leave on a cooling rack until completely cool.
- Slice and top with more HomePlate PB and enjoy!