These cookies are a spooky take on the classic peanut butter blossom cookies- perfect for Halloween! Whether you're making them for a festive treat in your kids' lunch or to serve at a spooky Halloween party, we guarantee they will be a hit! With googly-eyes and spider legs, these cookies are a fun way to get the kids in the kitchen as well!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup HomePlate Creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup additional granulated sugar
- 36 miniature peanut butter cups, frozen
- 72 candy eyes
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars.
- Add HomePlate Creamy Peanut Butter and the egg and beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the wet ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in the additional granulated sugar in a separate bowl.
- Place dough balls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press a peanut butter cup upside down into each cookie and transfer to a wire rack to cool. The peanut butter cup will be softened from the heat of the cookie- press the googly eyes into each peanut butter cup.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish in 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Once it’s melted, spoon into a piping bag. Snip a small corner off the bag and pipe eight lines around the peanut butter cup to create the legs of the spider.
- Serve and enjoy!