Adding peanut butter to peanut brittle gives it a softer, flaky texture that still has a good crunch to it. Make a batch of this to gift during the holidays, or to enjoy yourself! It is sure to become an annual favorite.
- ⅔ cup HomePlate Crunchy or Creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 Tbs butter
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 12-oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sea salt
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Warm the HomePlate Peanut Butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar, corn syrup, butter, and water to a deep medium saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer and heat on medium-high until the mixture reaches 295°F. Working quickly, remove from the heat and carefully add the baking soda. Be careful- adding baking soda makes the mixture foam and bubble up quickly! While the mixture is still foaming, add the vanilla and HomePlate Peanut Butter and whisk until smooth. Immediately pour onto the lined baking sheet and using a spatula, spread into a thin layer. Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe container in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Pour over the brittle and use a spatula to spread it evenly. Sprinkle with sea salt and let sit for an hour to cool completely. Break into pieces and enjoy!